Kolab 3.2: I can not send/receive any e-mails

Chloé Desoutter chloe.desoutter at atasta.net
Mon Apr 14 01:30:43 CEST 2014

Le 13/04/2014 21:56, Penguin Power a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> It would be great if any of you can help me to fix this problem.
> I could successfully install kolab 3.2 on centos 6.
> Address book, calender works great and even Activesync was just
> awesome with my android devices. However, it is strange that I can not
> send or receive any e-mail....
> Since kolab is working with postfix and cyrus imap.. I don't know
> where to start.
> I tested postfix using telnet and it could send e-mail w/o any error
> message but the recipient could not able to receive the e-mail.
> I don't know where the mail box located. It seems kolab is not storing
> e-mail in POSIX home directory.
> cyrus imap seemed broken. I don't know where to start.
> Thank you for your precious time.
> P.S. I have read all the document on kolab.org website. and I am stuck...

Hi,

Sometimes it will happen that mailboxes are not created upon user
creation. Then, you have to restart the kolabd. It is caused in general
by a failure from kolabd to connect to the cyrus-admin. It fails because
kolabd wants to connect using SSL to cyrus-admin. Even when putting an
imap:// URI in kolab.conf, it still tries imaps... so I had to hack the
kolabd so it will connect through plain IMAP. cyrus-admin does not like
SSL at all.

Just a hint from my experience though, your problem might be different.

Please first check whether in /var/spool/imap/domain/y/your-domain.net
there are mailboxes. If not it might be what I stated. If yes then your
problem is in the transport and your best option would be a clean
install if you don't feel like step-by-step postfix debugging.

Yours sincerely

--
Chloé Desoutter
Atasta NET