new domains without changes to /etc/kolab/kolab.conf OR "pure" LDAP-only administration

Erik M Jacobs erik at jumpshipservices.co
Thu Oct 31 03:20:34 CET 2013

On 10/30/2013 09:51 PM, Erik M Jacobs wrote:
> On 10/13/2013 11:41 AM, Christian Hügel wrote:

>>> Awesome! :)
>>>
>>> I somehow missed this. How did we achieve that?
>>>
>>> Kind Regards, Torsten
>>>

>> I can confirm this. Created domains in webadmin-gui doesn't
>> require editing kolab.conf anymore.
>
> Sorry to revive this old thread.
>
> I just did an update against the development repo, but I'm not sure
> it pulled in the latest things.
>
> As an example, I created a domain in the webadmin, but it did not
> seem to add anything in ldap (didn't create an additional OU), and
> I can't figure out how to add a user in that domain.
>
> What version of things do I need to be on?  Do I need to add the
> nightly repo?  Do I need to modify kolab.conf or other config
> files?
>
> I'm quite the kolab newbie.

I've now updated against the nightly repo.  When I add a domain I can
see that various entries were added in ldap (new dc, new ous, etc).

When I go to the users tab, I still only see the "people" ou on the
original domain, and not the new domain.

I don't see any way to add a user inside the new domain.

I am guessing I need to make some changes to kolab.conf - perhaps with
the base_dn settings and others? I am not sure.

Cheers,