Define catch-all email address

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Oct 24 23:13:55 CEST 2013

On 2013-10-23 10:39, Timotheus Pokorra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know that catchall email addresses are not such a good idea because
> they make you receive all sorts of spam messages.
>
> But in case the customer wants it, how would I configure it?
> I can see on the mykolab FAQ (https://mykolab.com/faq#catch-all) that
> it must be possible, but I have no idea where to configure this, even
> manually?

The way that we implement this in mykolab.com is with the following
hosted_duplet_virtual_alias_maps.cf:

> # Managed by puppet
>
> server_host = ldap-ro.kolabsys.com
> server_port = 389
> version = 3
> search_base = dc=%2,dc=%1
> scope = sub
>
> domain = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_duplet_mydestination.cf
>
> bind_dn = uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=kolabsys,dc=com
> bind_pw = HaHaYouDidntReallyThinkThisWasInHereDidYou?
>
> query_filter = (&(alias=catchall@%d)(objectclass=kolabinetorgperson))
> result_attribute = mail

Obviously, repeat for hosted_triplets, and others.

This way, no configuration changes are required on production systems,
and everything is based on run-time data.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG