help for distributed deployment over several machines?

Jan Kowalsky tuxus at notraces.net
Sat Oct 12 00:04:54 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm experimenting with an distributed setup of kolab 3 but run in several
problems so far.

I wanted to ask, if somebody can share his experience or recommend an
appraoch.

My system ist debian wheezy with kolab 3.0 and development branch activated.

My idea was to spread ist in this way:

Machine 1: ldap, mysql, kolab-webadmin
Machine 2: imap, mta, roundcube

Maybe later an special server for roundcube.

What I got is to install the ldap and kolab-webadmin.

$ apt-get install kolab-ldap kolab-schema kolab-conf libpython2.7 mysql-
server-5.5 kolab-webadmin

$ setup-kolab mysql
$ setup-kolab ldap

First I got the error:

ail -f /var/log/kolab-webadmin/errors
[11-Oct-2013 15:12:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function
mysql_connect() in /usr/share/kolab-webadmin/lib/SQL.php on line 149
[11-Oct-2013 17:12:56 +0200](mjggi1eq12l331c5p9mm0seh55): PHP Error: API
Error: Unable to decode response (POST)

I did not figure out yet which library was missing exactly. After installing
(but not configuring) all kolab-stuff with the meta-package I could login with
the Directory Manager account in kolab-webadmin. I'll try to find out, which
package exactly I need.

For the machine 2 with imap, mta and roundcube I got lost:

I copied the kolab.conf from the 1. machine to the second, adjusted the ldap-
Server url.

setup-kolab -c /etc/kolab/kolab.conf kolabd
setup-kolab -c /etc/kolab/kolab.conf mysql
setup-kolab -c /etc/kolab/kolab.conf imap
setup-kolab -c /etc/kolab/kolab.conf mta
setup-kolab -c /etc/kolab/kolab.conf php
setup-kolab -c /etc/kolab/kolab.conf roundcube

for the last I got the error:

"Could not open required defaults file: /tmp/kolab-setup-my.cnf
Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted"

Any ideas? Any help? Who has already got working a distributed deployment with
debian? What kind of separation would you recommend?

thanks
Jan