new domains without changes to /etc/kolab/kolab.conf OR "pure" LDAP-only administration

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu Oct 10 22:47:08 CEST 2013

Timotheus Pokorra <timotheus at pokorra.de> writes:

> This also includes a change to /etc/postfix/transport:
> https://github.com/tpokorra/kolab3_tbits_scripts/blob/master/kolab3.1/initMultiDomain.sh#L34

Pretty sure that change pertains to the general domain transport. Which
works fine after a one-off change. What I'm talking about is the bit
that makes it possible to create a shared mail folder and assign an
email address to it. That is read from
/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps_sharedfolders*.cf

> Would that solve your issue, or do you need to change postfix
> configuration for every domain?

For every domain. Now, it's not entirely impossible that I've done
something weird, but I managed to get the shared folder stuff to work by
a combination of the following:

1. Change the virtual_alias_maps_sharedfolders*.cf mentioned above to
have result_format = shared+shared/%s

2. Manually set an appropriate "Target IMAP folder" in the webinterface
when creating the shared folder. So for example, I'm creating a shared
spam folder for each domain, which has a delivery address of
spam at example.org; I then set the 'Target IMAP folder' to also be
"spam at example.org", which creates the folder shared/spam at example.org
which shows up as a shared folder as it should.

3. Add the line 'shared at example.org lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp'
to /etc/postfix/transport (for each domain) which works with the
result_format specified above to have shared folder mail delivered to
Cyrus.

It's the third point I'm referring to. This needs to be done for every
domain, even though the user part is hard coded. Presumably, it would be
possible to use a postfix ldap setup similar to that of mydestination.cf
to output a fixed transport for every domain, but I haven't found a way
to limit that to a specific user part. I.e. what I'd like to do is
lookup the domain part in ldap and if found output a fixed transport
string, *but only if the user part is 'shared'*. That last part
(matching the user part to a fixed string), I can't find a way to do
with postfix's ldap_table stuff. So instead, the manual modification for
each domain is required.

I hope the above explanation makes sense. And if it's just me who have
done things in a weird way, I'd be delighted to hear it. :)

The above solution is adapted from this, btw (which didn't quite work
for me out of the box, hence the adaptation of the ldap .cf):
https://git.kolab.org/pykolab/commit/?id=207b26fe0ccde43572ab53b0f139b90dab759d5a

-Toke