Support with LDAP authentification

Alex Powell alexj.powellalt at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 10 02:48:46 CEST 2013

Hi
Thanks for the great software
I am having a few issues installing Kolab, I am running Debian Wheezy
I am following the community installation documentation and when I run
setup-kolab I get the following error:

ldap.INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS: {'info': "Insufficient 'add' privilege to the
'userPassword' attribute", 'desc': 'Insufficient access'}

Any clues on what I need to do to solve this? I am logged in as root, so
have no idea what the issue is. I am using Kolab 3. It worked straight away
with Ubuntu server but I was having other issues and decided Debian may be
a better way forwards. Followed the same set of instructions both times!

Alex