Kolab 3.1 / Centos6 / Thunderbird 17 / iRony?

Erik M Jacobs erik at jumpshipservices.co
Mon Oct 7 22:47:20 CEST 2013

On 10/07/2013 07:38 AM, Thomas Brüderli wrote:
> Oliver Schad wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 12:09:16 +0200
>> Torsten Grote <grote at kolabsys.com> wrote:

>>> MyKolab.com has something about this:
>>>
>>>     https://mykolab.com/clients/thunderbird
>>
>> The thunderbird calendar integration sucks:
>>
>> You have to add a calendar in lightning like this:
>>
>> http://example.com/iRony/calendars/myuser@example.com/Calendar/12345
>>
>> where 12345 is the calendar id - you can have more than once.
>>
>> Where to find this id? No clue. I found this ID when I used Evolution
>> and took a look in the web server logs.
>
> Instead of the numeric ID you can also use the Calendar folder Name as it
> appears in IMAP:
>
>   http://example.com/iRony/calendars/myuser@example.com/Calendar
>
> or
>
>   http://example.com/iRony/calendars/myuser@example.com/Some+other+Calendar
>
> We're working on improving this by adding an option to the web client where
> one can get the absolute URL to a certain address book or calendar resource.
>
> As an intermediate solution you can enable the web-browser access to iRony
> by adding the following to /etc/httpd/config.d/iRony.conf
>
>   SetEnv DAVBROWSER true
>
> and restart Apache. Then point your browser to http://example.com/iRony/
> and authenticate with valid user credentials. Now you can browser through
> your calendars and address books and copy the direct URLs to be used in
> Thunderbird from there.

Hi Thomas,

I tried to make this change, but did not meet with success.  I think
that I am running into similar errors to Oli with symlinks.  Here's what
I found.

I am using CentOS 6 and 3.1 development packages:

Initial visit (https://mysite.whatever/iRony):
[Mon Oct 07 16:31:28 2013] [error] [client 92.42.190.135] PHP Warning:
include(/usr/share/iRony/lib/FileAPI/ext/PEAR.php): fail
ed to open stream: No such file or directory in
/usr/share/iRony/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 185

I was able to find this file, but it is in a different location:

/usr/share/iRony/vendor/pear-pear.php.net/PEAR/PEAR.php

Provided by:

iRony-0.2.1-1.el6.kolab_3.1.noarch

I figure a symlink is an easier solution than editing the PHP, so:

[root at kolabtest ext]# ln -s
../../../iRony/vendor/pear-pear.php.net/PEAR/PEAR.php PEAR.php

( this is done in /usr/share/iRony/lib/FileAPI/ext )

Then I visited /iRony again, and I got this webpage (xml):

<d:error><s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\Forbidden</s:exception><s:message>Requested
uri (/iRony/) is out of base uri
(ony/public_html/)</s:message><s:sabredav-version>1.8.6</s:sabredav-version></d:error>

I found this message in the users list:
http://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2013-September/015403.html

I tried this solution, and visited again, and it worked!

So I guess there are at least two issues:

1) The iRony package may not provide a correct value in the dav.inc.php
file, but I am not sure.

2) There is definitely a symbolic link missing from the iRony package on
CentOS 6.

I guess I will/should check for bugs on these issues.

Cheers,
Erik