Kolab 3.1 / Centos6 / Thunderbird 17 / iRony?

Oliver Schad oliver.schad at automatic-server.com
Mon Oct 7 12:26:35 CEST 2013

On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 12:09:16 +0200
Torsten Grote <grote at kolabsys.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 06 October 2013 19:30:46 Erik M Jacobs wrote:
> > Are there any docs on how to connect Thunderbird?
>
> MyKolab.com has something about this:
>
>     https://mykolab.com/clients/thunderbird

The thunderbird calendar integration sucks:

You have to add a calendar in lightning like this:

http://example.com/iRony/calendars/myuser@example.com/Calendar/12345

where 12345 is the calendar id - you can have more than once.

Where to find this id? No clue. I found this ID when I used Evolution
and took a look in the web server logs.

So the problem in general is, that lightning doesn't support to find a
calendar - evolution and the Mac stuff makes this correct whereas the
mac calendar is stupid and denies to use /iRony/ in the URL - you have
to offer the calendar with / in your kolab installation.

So the client tests brings:

1) evolution rocks (but I hate it cause of the bloat factor)
2) mac sucks a bit, needs trailing / and don't accepts sub pathes
3) thunderbird lightning with a big gap the last one - all manual
installation with the complete URL path

Best Regards
Oli