Syncroton issues with iPhone

George Wright gw at gwright.org.uk
Mon Nov 25 22:24:25 CET 2013

Hi all,

So I've been using Kolab 3.0 for a while and it's been working great. I
have had two persistent issues, though, with Syncroton pushing email to
my iOS devices.

The first issue is that a lot of HTML emails don't seem to come through
properly, and I either only see the plaintext version of the mail, or
the HTML mail displayed as plaintext. I don't know email particularly
well, but one thing I have noticed is that the emails that come through
properly are correctly flagged as "Content Type: text/html", whereas the
stuff that isn't coming through correctly is text/plain. What puzzles
me, though, is that if I set up iOS to connect over IMAP, it loads all
HTML mails just fine. Is there something I'm missing in terms of setting
up Syncroton?

The second issue is that I can't seem to send attachments using Syncroton.

If anyone is able to give me any pointers on how to resolve these
issues, I'd be most grateful!

Thanks,

George