389ds on separate machine

Manel Gimeno Zaragozá magiza83 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 16:28:20 CET 2013

> Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:28:45 +0100
> From: sasa.friedrich at bitlab.si
> To: users at lists.kolab.org
> Subject: 389ds on separate machine
>
> Hi!
>
> Is there any guidance how to setup kolab if I want to run 389ds on
> separate machine
Install the following packages in the
new machine (I'm not sure if these are the minimum packages necessary,
but It works for me)

yum
install kolab-ldap pykolab.noarch python-sqlalchemy.noarch

Once it is installed, run

# setup-kolab ldap

and finish the setup.

now, on the main machine
modify /etc/kolab/kolab.conf to point the new LDAP server,
modify all postfix lookup files inside /etc/postfix/ldap/ to point the new servercheck the following files inside /etc/roundcubemail/ and modify the necessary lines pointing localhost, to the new ldap server
kolab_auth.inc.phpconfig.inc.phpdefaults.inc.phppassword.inc.phpcheck /etc/imapd.conf to point the ldap_server to the new machine.
I hope it helps

Manel