new domains without changes to /etc/kolab/kolab.conf OR "pure" LDAP-only administration

Scott Newton scottn at ihug.co.nz
Sun Nov 10 04:29:33 CET 2013

Hi

On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 13:25:43 Timotheus Pokorra wrote:
> I have now updated the script again:
> https://github.com/tpokorra/kolab3_tbits_scripts/blob/master/kolab3.1/initMu
> ltiDomain.sh I have added folder names from config file, and the sleep time
> for creation of new domains from config file.
>
> I have removed all patches that are not directly related to or needed
> for multi domain operation, and there is now the script
> https://github.com/tpokorra/kolab3_tbits_scripts/blob/master/kolab3.1/initTB
> itsISP.sh which applies the patches related to host several domains for
> several customers (aka ISP Patches).
> I will document that separately in a new email thread later today.

I've installed Kolab 3.1 on Debian Wheezy (including the development repo) and the basics
work.

However, I have two domains and would like to be able to share address books etc between
them but keep the mail separate. I'm still a little confused as to how I should do this. Which
of these two scripts should I use and how does this relate to
http://hosted.kolabsys.com/~vanmeeuwen/build/html/deployment-guide/hosted-kolab-groupware-deployment.html?highlight=domain#differentiating-access-levels[1]
link posted in the "ISP use case - "private" accounts across different domains" thread.

Is there an up to date write up on how to do this? Or should I wait a few weeks until the
multi-domain stuff is sorted out?

Thanks
--
Regards