question on how to use obs for debian packages

Jan Kowalsky tuxus at notraces.net
Thu Nov 7 23:15:46 CET 2013

Hi Timotheus,

Am Thursday, 7. November 2013 schrieb Timotheus Pokorra:
> Hello Jan,
>
> kolab-ldap: this package is a result of
> https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/show?package=kolab&project=Kolab%3ADevelop
> ment see the file kolab.dsc, Package-List.
> So you can branch the package kolab.
> The package kolab has several output packages. I have no idea how to
> find out by command which package is produced by which package on OBS.

Thanks, so for kolab-ldap I know now ;-)

> There are no debian packages on OBS for python-ldap yet. I am just
> looking into it, getting the debian files from
> http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/python-ldap. Not sure if I will
> succeed...

This means python-ldap isn't built at all?

Ok, I understand:

# apt-cache policy python-ldap
python-ldap:
  Installiert:           2.4.10-1
  Installationskandidat: 2.4.10-1
  Versionstabelle:
 *** 2.4.10-1 0
        500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

the python-ldap is used from regulary debian repos. It's even newer than
python-ldap-2.4.6.tar.gz  on obs. Is there any disadvantage using the package
from the debian repos?

Jan