LDAP - Converting Kolab 2.4 to 3.1

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Tue Nov 5 05:02:31 CET 2013

Hi,

I'd like to script the conversion of my LDAP database from Kolab 2.3 to
Kolab 3.1 (multiple domains), and release a script along with doc
regarding this. I'm actually able to auto-create the corresponding LDIF
file needed to add the domain(s) and user(s) to the Kolab 3.1
environment....

My problem is that for every domain, a new tree must be built into 389
Directory server. I did try to use this command:

ldapmodify -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w ***********  -f onedomain.ldif

and this onedomain.ldif file contains something like that:

dn: dc=onedomain,dc=ca
changetype: add
dc: onedomain
objectClass: top
objectClass domain

dn: cn=Directory Administrators,.....

It seems that my first entry fails...  which does not surprise me. What
do I need to do in order to create this dc=onedomain,dc=ca tree ?

Thanks,

Christian...