Kolab3 nginx config

Fеnикs fenuksuh at ya.ru
Wed May 15 10:31:33 CEST 2013

Hello Kolab users,

Here's a config for nginx&php5-fpm that works under Debian7 and CentOS6.
https://gist.github.com/Alvarus/5245005

It still needs some testing under CentOS6, though. All features seem to be
working at first, second and third glance, but I didn't go much past glances.
It does work in Debian7 pretty well.

It's set to enforce https connection to all of web interfaces of Kolab3.
Roundcube webmail will be accessable as: https://kolab3.example.net/
Kolab webadmin: https://kolab3.example.net/kolab-webadmin/
Kolab syncroton and freebusy also work.

In Debian7 you can just copy and paste nginx config into /etc/nginx/sites-
available/ and fpm pools into /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/, fix server names and
restart nginx and php5-fpm, it should work. It will use snakeoil autogenerated
cert for ssl.

For CentOS6 you'll need to put nginx config into /etc/nginx/conf.d/, change
server names and direct it to correct ssl certificates. Php5-fpm pools should
be put into /etc/php-fpm.d/, user:group in php5-fpm pools changed to
apache:apache. Then restart both.

The difference between CentOS6 and Debian7 defaults were that in Debian's
nginx/fastcgi_params was a line:
      fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $request_filename;

A note on use of caches. Caches declared in config are not mandatory and have
default values for Debian7 amd64. But they speed up roundcube significantly
and I prefer to use them whenever I can.
Http part, the first 4 lines not counting commentary, are supposed to be
within http{}, so you might want to put them into nginx.conf, instead of per-
site config file.

Looking forward to your feedback and hope someone can test it under CentOS6.

Regards,
Alexej