SyncKolab unparseable and unknown

Kolab Users kolab-users at ostech.com.au
Wed Mar 27 04:22:03 CET 2013

Hi,

For the benefit of the list, I fixed this issue by:

1. exporting all my address books from webmail
2. deleted all contacts and calendars from Thunderbird and the IMAP folders
3. performed a fresh sync (of nothing), SyncKolab passed
4. imported one addressbook into webmail
5. SyncKolab sync, successfully synced that address book
6. imported other address books into webmail
7. SyncKolab sync of other address books

All worked fine. Of course this doesn't mean SyncKolab shouldn't have a
feature to skip unparseable entries, but sometimes starting from scratch
is the best way to go just to get working again.

On 27-Mar-13 12:31 PM, Kolab Users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've configured SyncKolab and it seems to constantly get stuck on a
> couple of contacts with:
>
> id                                  Status Content
> unparseable                parsing                   unknown
> unknown                     parsing                   unknown
>
> and sits there forever, never completing or skipping the invalid entries.
>
> I realise this may not be the right mailing list for it, but just in
> case anyone has encountered this before, how can you tell SyncKolab to
> stop trying unparseable or unknown entries, skip them and move on.
>
> Also, is there a way to know which entries are invalid and unparseable?
>
> Thanks.
> Michael.

Regards,
Michael.