Unable to add users, groups, or other entities from web admin

Kolab Users kolab-users at ostech.com.au
Mon Mar 25 03:05:14 CET 2013

Hi Eric,

I've tried to get phpldapadmin running on the Kolab3 server, when
accessing I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare error() in
/usr/share/phpldapadmin/lib/functions.php on line 641

This seems to be a known problem though (phpldapadmin conflicts with
another declaration of a package used by Kolab3). It be fixed in an
upcoming release of Kolab3.

So I haven't been able to get phpldapadmin working.

Checking the 389 packages installed on the server I see:

389-ds-1.2.2-1.el6.noarch
389-adminutil-1.1.15-1.el6.x86_64
389-admin-console-doc-1.1.8-1.el6.noarch
389-admin-1.1.29-1.el6.x86_64
389-ds-console-doc-1.2.6-1.el6.noarch
389-console-1.1.7-1.el6.noarch
389-ds-console-1.2.6-1.el6.noarch
389-dsgw-1.1.9-1.el6.x86_64
389-ds-base-libs-1.2.10.2-20.el6_3.x86_64
389-admin-console-1.1.8-1.el6.noarch
389-ds-base-1.2.10.2-20.el6_3.x86_64

So why can we use 389-admin-console ? not sure how to use it yet, but
maybe that's an alternative to phpldapadmin also?