Attachment Warnings

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Fri Mar 8 13:29:52 CET 2013

Mat Cantin wrote:
> On 2013-03-07 11:19, Aleksander Machniak wrote:
>> On 03/07/2013 08:15 PM, Mat Cantin wrote:
>>> Does anyone know how to disable the attachment warning that comes up
>>> when roundcube doesn't recognize the file type? Or if I can add file
>>> types? My users do a lot of work with Adobe software and they always
>>> get
>>> a warning for attachments like .AI files not being a proper PDF.
>> This warning is a quite new (security) feature which maybe is not
>> perfect still. See http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1488891 for
>> related
>> issue(s). Any help appreciated.
>
> Although I applaud more security, it would be nice to have the option
> to turn this warning off for now while the bugs are being worked out. Do
> you know of a way to do this?

It's not a security feature if you can disable it.

As already described in comments of the above mentioned ticket, please make
sure libmagic on your web server is configured correctly. That mainly requires

  $rcmail_config['mime_magic'] = null;

in the Roundcube config to use the defaults.

Furthermore we'd appreciate sample messages/files to further investigate
any wrong behavior of the mimetype detection.

~Thomas