Kolab Community Edition V3 for RHEL5?

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Sat Mar 2 19:46:08 CET 2013

Hi Rob,

On Sunday 03 March 2013 01.16:28 Rob Arends wrote:
> My first email to this list.

Welcome to Kolab. :)

> I have studied your Groupware product and it looks impressive.

Thanks a lot, it's very motivating for everyone to get some positive feedback.
We are, after all, releasing this to be used and for everyone to be able to
adopt in their own ways.

> Is it possible the community edition could be made for RHEL5?

That would be rather difficult, I understand, as parts of the stack have
dependencies that would be hard to satisfy on RHEL5. So it would involve
substantial effort, and for a platform that is slowly being phased out.

So is it possible? Yes, with some effort.

But work invested into this would be work not available to improve the
technology and provide new features for everyone. So typically we would not
undertake that particular effort unless there was a real business interest
behind it.

With best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve
Chief Executive Officer

Kolab Systems AG				Wondering whether Kolab is for you?
Zürich, Switzerland				Find out at http://kolabsys.com/try

e: greve at kolabsys.com
t: +41 78 904 43 33
w: http://kolabsys.com