Owncloud Integration - Single Login

Justin Jones justin at jc-j.net
Fri Mar 1 10:14:27 CET 2013

On 01/03/2013 09:00, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> On 2013-03-01 03:47, Anthony Farrell wrote:
>> I have Kolab 3.0 and Owncloud integrated using the roundcube plugin
>> on Centos 6.3 and can see the 'Files' icon. I think it's a great tool.
>> However the integration does not provide a single authenticated login
>> as my novice examination of the owncloud.php code indicates it should.
> Authentication is an issue, but so are many other things, e.g. proper
> integration into the other parts of the web interface, such as save
> attachments to the file store, and pick attachments from it for sending
> mail.
>
> We have now started to develop the infrastructure to make this work
> properly, see
> http://kolab.org/news/2013/02/27/roadmap-kolab-3.1-irony-included
>
> There is still some things to be done on the upper layers we are
> currently working on, so if you wanted to help us speed things up you
> could work on the ownCloud data backend for this, it should be a
> comparatively limited task.
>
> Best regards,
> Georg

Hi Georg,

When ownCloud is properly integrated, will a proper backup script also
be provided? Currently, there is no backup available for Kolab 3 (as far
as I can see, please correct me if I am wrong). This is sorely needed,
because people are adding their valuable data to Kolab 3 without any
backup security. The ability to backup over the cloud will be great, but
we also need a short term solution in case the ownCloud integration
takes a long time to complete.

Thanks.