Kolab-webadmin and ldaps

Emmanuel MICHEL emmanuel.michel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 18 00:38:19 CEST 2013

Le 17/06/2013 09:51, Aleksander Machniak a écrit :
> This commit is needed to enable TLS using tls:// prefix in ldap_uri.
>
> http://git.kolab.org/kolab-wap/commit/?id=007150d02911a668b628f05c43dc4a1ca41f4204

Hi Aleksander,

Yes, I set the port 636 in ldap_uri.

I manually applied your patch in
/usr/share/kolab-webadmin/lib/Auth/LDAP.php (again, my version of
webadmin is 3.0.4-3) but with no luck.

I see a reference to "ldaps" in same LDAP.php file. What is difference
with "tls" parameter? Uri with 'ldaps' would be for ssl and 'tls' for
tls? (sorry, I'm no developer so cannot really understand the code but
I'm curious about this ldaps / tls difference).

One remark: When I connect to the "tls" ldap with mozilla tools such as
ldapsearch for example, I have to add the path to the keystore (or to cd
to /etc/dirsrv/slapd-myinstance folder before). I didn't see anything
related to keystore path in kolab-webadmin config or "php" files. Just
an idea to investigate maybe.

Hope these infos will help and you'll be able to assist me.

Bests,

EM