Kolab-webadmin and ldaps

Emmanuel MICHEL emmanuel.michel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 17 09:12:54 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I setup 389-ds 1.2.10.4-0ubuntu3.1 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS along with
current development Ubuntu packages of Kolab (kolab-webadmin 3.0.4-3)
and I have a problem with ldaps over port 636.

I successfully configured 389-ds to run with TLS support (not StartTLS)
and I can connect to it either using Apache Directory Studio from LAN
client or using Mozilla LDAP tools on the server. If I try to connect
using kolab-webadmin, I wait for a minute on the login page and then
finally have an "Internal system error" message.
Only log message I found so far is : "PHP Error: Login failed. Request
timed out due to default_socket_timeout php.ini setting (POST)"

Do I have anything more than ldap_uri in kolab.conf to configure in
order to use ldaps with kolab-webadmin? Is there another log I should
look at?

Also, I would like to know if it's possible for 389-ds (nss) to use pem
certificates/keys in /etc/ssl instead of a key store located in each
389-ds instance folder?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bests,

EM