Attachments not downloading to devices [Scanned]

William Reynolds wreynolds at rrwds.net
Thu Jun 13 02:36:16 CEST 2013

Hey guys,

Have a kolab 3 setup and some iphones set to use activesync. The devices are connected with no problems and can send and receive mail.  I have our Asterisk PBX connected to kolab so that the users get a copy of any voicemail messages in their email and it is attached in a WAV file. I have noticed here lately and have had several complaints that they are getting the message on their phone but its not showing the voicemail WAV file attachment.

I have gone into the server and physically looked in the users mailboxes and they are getting the full email and it shows an attachment in the message. They can login to roundcube and see the email and it has an attachment there, but on their phones its not showing it. What makes it even more puzzling is sometimes they get the full message and attachment on their phone and other times the attachment part is completely left off. Makes no sense to me why or how it is doing this. I have confirmed on a test iphone and test mailbox that this is happening, and I am working on testing it with the iphone connected using IMAP and not activesync. Maybe activesync part is having issues.

Any ideas guys?

Wm. Reynolds
President | Co-Founder
RRWDS Co.
Toll Free 855 GO RRWDS (855.467.7937)
Office 979.383.2953 x2501 | Cell 979.204.4658
www.rrwds.com<http://www.rrwds.com/>

Small & Medium Business
State & Local Government

This email and any files attached and transmitted with this email are intended solely for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email by mistake please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your computer. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore the recipient(s) should check this message for any viruses before opening attachments and the sender does not accept liability for any errors, omissions, or lapses of judgment in the contents of this message should any arrive or damage that could occur if a virus is found.