SyncKolab 3

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Mon Jul 1 10:43:33 CEST 2013

Hey guys,

On 2013-06-30 22:32, Mihai Badici wrote:
> On Sunday 30 June 2013 15:55:39 you wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>  thanks for the info... There is some kind of kolab utility to test
> it, but I wasnt yet able to get it to run yet.

For the xml part only there is a testutility in the utils subfolder of
libkolabxml [0] for the whole MIME message in the libkolab utils folder
[1].
They allow you to verify that your written kolab objects are valid and
can be parsed by libkolabxml/libkolab.

>  On 06/29/2013 04:27 PM, Mihai Badici wrote
>
> Ok, so I think I found some tricks:
>
> 1. The xml parts must have application/calendar+xml content type.
>
> 2. the "created" and "dtstamp" attributes are mandatory.
>
> 3. The x-custom-sensitivity must be replaced with <class> tag
>
> 4. The x-custom-show-time-as must be replaced but I didn't find a tag
> for that, we could test by removing it.

x-custom- is almost always wrong. It is usually the guarantee that no
other client will ever understand this tag.

> 5 The final Z from dtstart and dtend must be removed

No necessarily, a Z simply indicates UTC. See
https://wiki.kolab.org/User:Mollekopf/Drafts/KEP:17#Date-Time

> I hope will be enough to make it work. I could modify myself but I
> think if it's you who made the changes we avoid to mess the code.
>
> As i see, in synckolab there are attributes:
>
> <sensitivity>public</sensitivity>=0A <show-time-as>busy</show-time-as>

show-time-as is not supported.

> In the example at: https://wiki.kolab.org/Kolab_3.0_Storage_Format [1]

The specification of the xml format is here:

https://wiki.kolab.org/User:Mollekopf/Drafts/KEP:17#Classification

> I think the status is represented as numerical value, I'm not sure.

Nope.
https://wiki.kolab.org/User:Mollekopf/Drafts/KEP:17#Status

> Also, in synckolab this section in missing:
>
> <created>
>
>  <date-time>2009-09-01T12:52:58Z</date-time>
>
>  </created>
>
>  <dtstamp>
>
>  <date-time>2012-05-05T05:05:05Z</date-time>
>
>  </dtstamp>
>
> Here, the timestamp contains the final "Z" ; dtstart and dtent does
> not contain this Z in example , which is present in synckolab

Both is valid. One is UTC the other local time (without a timezone).

> I found also the content-type of attachment in roundcube produced
> objects is application/calendar+xml, but in synckolab is
> "application/x-vnd.kolab.event"
>
> I loose half a day trying out to figure how the xml must look like but
> whith little success.
>
> There is a list somewhere with mandatory attributes for calendar
> entry?

https://wiki.kolab.org/User:Mollekopf/Drafts/KEP:17

>  > Chec kout the new nightly and maybe write a bug report if it still
>> does not work.
>
> I tried to find why calendar is still not working in synckolab.
>
> I find this error in webserver's log:
>
> error: element 'dtstart' is not allowed for content
> model'(uid,created,dtstamp,sequence?,class?,categories?,dtstart?,dtend?,duration?,transp?,rrule?,rdate?,exdate?,recurrence-id?,summary?,description?,priority?,status?,location?,organizer?,attendee*,attach*,x-custom*)'
>

> Critical: /root/libkolabxml-master/src/xcalconversions.h 1878: Failed

This is an xml schema exception, from validating the format [2]. It
probably means that dtstart is in the wrong place.

The content model shows what is allowed:
(uid,created,dtstamp,sequence?,class?,categories?,dtstart?,dtend?,duration?,transp?,rrule?,rdate?,exdate?,recurrence-id?,summary?,description?,priority?,status?,location?,organizer?,attendee*,attach*,x-custom*)'

values without "?" are mandatory, with "?" optional and with "*" a list.
Please note that the order of the elements is required.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Christian

[0] http://git.kolab.org/libkolabxml/tree/utils