kolab 3 on

Christian kolab at christian000.de
Tue Jan 22 02:16:50 CET 2013

Thomas Jensch <riepernet <at> fsfe.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> since quite some time now I am trying to participate in the
> beta-testing, but installation always crashes when trying to start the
> dirsrv-service during kolab-setup. I am using the .rpm packages with
> Centos as distribution.
> The vServer in question is hosted by netcup GmbH / Karlsruhe / Germany
> and they are running the vServers with "Linux vServer" virtualization.
> Now i got my hands on another vServer, running on kvm, and the
> installation succeeded (although i was still unable to send and recieve
> mail :/ ). Well, this led me to the guess, "Linux vServer" has something
> to do with the crash during install/setup. Now I do have a couple of
> questions:
> Does somebody has a netcup vServer and is able to run kolab 3?
> Is it indeed a problem with "Linux vServer"?
> Should I ask the company to fix $something? What?
> Is it a Layer8 problem? (Basically i just followed the documentation for
> rhel/centos)
> Any other ideas? (I could provide the crash reports as well, of course)
>
> mfg
> Thomas Jensch

Hi Thomas,

I've got the same problem (and no clue) except with a fresh Debian Wheezy image
(also netcup).

I guess you get the same error message?

setup-kolab --fqdn=v(...).yourvserver.net

(...)

Kolab Service password [vwLKvLUaADux8ub]:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/setup-kolab", line 42, in <module>
    setup.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/__init__.py", line 43,
in run
    components.execute('_'.join(to_execute))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/components.py", line
170, in execute
    execute(component)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/components.py", line
202, in execute
    components[component_name]['function'](conf.cli_args, kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/setup_ldap.py", line
405, in execute
    auth._auth.ldap.add_s(dn, ldif)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 194, in add_s
    msgid = self.add(dn,modlist)

(...)

--
Christian