Kontact 4.9.5 from Kubuntu backports and Kolab 3

Robert Marmorstein robert at narnia.homeunix.com
Thu Jan 17 02:15:17 CET 2013

You may need to edit a file named

$HOME/.kde/share/config/akonadi_kolabproxy_resourcerc

That contains something like the following:

[KolabProxyResourceSettings]
KolabFormatVersionakonadi_imap_resource_2=1
enableKolabV3=true

Change or add the enableKolabV3 line to "true".

This is because (at least on my distribution) Kontact by default defaults
to using the old (Kolab2) XML format instead of version 3.

Robert