Newer than Wheezy Korganizer?

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Tue Jan 15 16:49:54 CET 2013

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 03:19:38 PM Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> On 2013-01-15 14:44, Mihai Badici wrote:
> > But if somebody want to include kolab support, he must accept also two
> > new
> > packages in the main distribution. This is often a decision  must be
> > taken at
> > supperior level.
>
> So, how does one go about ensuring libkolab and libkolabxml are
> available in such a distribution?

Well, he do not.
What is need is  kdepim-runtime to detect if libkolab is available. If is
installed on system, it will enable kolab support, if not, it will be
deactivated.
It's not a problem to provide "third party" libkolab packages, but changing
kdepim-runtime could broke upgrade system eventualy.

Not all distribution are Ubuntu like. Maybe in the near future we will have
tablets with kde where will be difficult to change packages. We will recompile
kdepim-runtime for them?

> Could we possibly extend the list of packages to be included in such a
> distribution with, say, roundcubemail-plugins-kolab and pykolab?

I have no concern about  server side. The server is (hoppefully) administered
by an good admin, he/she will compile, install, adapt....
I run two servers with kolab-like instalation on Slackware, with roundcube and
synkolab, it's not about me.
I have kontact working on my desktop, but this way is not for the masses :)

--
Mihai Badici
http://mihai.badici.ro