OpenLDAP instead of 389 Directory

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Jan 15 14:03:43 CET 2013

On 2013-01-03 21:53, Tim Hägele wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to use OpenLDAP instead of "389 Directory"?
>
> The reason I ask, is because I have a customized Kolab 2.3
> installation
> running, and I fear the migration to 389 Directory.
> However if needed I dive in, some pointers would be great.

Hi Tim,

while it is possible (read: supposed to work and supported) to run
Kolab against an OpenLDAP server, this is just not the default setup.

I reckon we are still lacking option value here (there's no
--with-openldap-please switch to setup-kolab, so to speak), as well as
documentation. If you are going to set up Kolab against an OpenLDAP
server, sharing your notes and experiences would be greatly appreciated
(as would your notes on migrating from OpenLDAP to 389 DS if you were to
choose to do so).

I have some inline documentation on configuration for Kolab here:

   http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/tree/conf/kolab.conf#n118

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--