[Kolab 3] multi domain documentation

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Tue Jan 8 16:19:17 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 09:49:42AM +0100, Torsten Grote wrote:
> Hi Franz,
>
> On Monday 07 January 2013 23:02:59 Franz Mittendorfer wrote:
> > i'm checking out Kolab 3 RC1 at the moment and I quite like it as far as
> > i've looked into it.
>
> Great that you like Kolab! :)
>
> > But either I'm not able to get or there isn't any
> > proper documentation on multi domain support.
>
> No you are right. The documentation on multi-domain support could be improved.
>
> We have something at
> http://docs.kolab.org/en-US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Administrator_Guide/chap-Administrator_Guide-Hosted_Kolab_Groupware_Setup.html
>
> We would be very happy, if you could help out with the documentation. Please
> let me know, if you can help.

I've been plaaning on writting up my notes from installing Kolab 3 for my multiuser setup. Using the link above. I started by folling Procedure 11.1

 4. Using the Kolab Web Administration Panel, create a new domain.
    Create a new section for the hosted settings in /etc/kolab/kolab.conf as follows:

       [kolab_hosting]
       primary_domain = $hosted_domain
       bind_dn = uid=hosted-kolab-service,ou=Special Users,$management_domain_root_dn
       bind_pw = $hosted_service_account_password

 5. Create a new section for the primary hosted domain in /etc/kolab/kolab.conf.
     A section for the management domain already exists, which you could copy/paste and rename to the new domain name space.
     Alternatively, all settings included in the [ldap] and [example.org] sections in the default configuration file are available for the new domain name space.

For step 5, make sure that you add a line like:
base_dn = dc=example,dc=com

Also, as I have multiple domains, I set the primary domain in step 4 to be the same as my management domain

For my setup where I don't allow self registration, I've not needed to fo steps 8-10

In step 11.3, I modified the exisiting set of .cf files listed to use a search base of: search_base = dc=%2,dc=%1
and added a new set of files named with _3 with a search base of search_base = dc=%3,dc=%2,dc=%1

I then updated main.cf to add these new files in:
transport_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/transport_maps.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/transport_maps_3.cf
virtual_alias_maps = $alias_maps, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mailenabled_distgroups.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mailenabled_dynamic_distgroups.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps_3.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mailenabled_distgroups_3.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mailenabled_dynamic_distgroups_3.cf
local_recipient_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/local_recipient_maps.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/local_recipient_maps_3.cf

This means that I don't need to create a set of files for every domain.

For step 11.4 - I didn't  want per host configurations, so I didn't do most of this step. But I did Remove the $rcmail_config['ldap_public'] configuration in its entirety, and removed the addressbook.

I added:

    list($name,$_) = explode('@', $_POST['_user']);
    $base_dn = 'ou=People,dc=' . implode(',dc=', explode('.', $_)  );

To the top  of kolab_auth.inc.php to turn the domain name in the address into a base_dn.

At this point, I can login via imap, and roundcube.

I've not yet tried things like calander sharing or any of the activesync stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am hoping to find some time to turn these into some more coherent instructions. I've written this from my notes so I may have missied something...

Cheers
Chris

e: me at chrisfleming.org

For Movember only sponsor my mo at: http://mobro.co/chrisafleming