Public free (libre) mailbox hosting service for everybody!

John Hudak jjhudak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 00:23:44 CET 2013

To answer your question: I don't know of any.

To offer some observations:
Assembling 'free software' is only part of the solution.  Acquiring
servers+associated hw, shelter, and power sources takes CASH.  Keeping the
service running takes CASH.  There is no 'free' business model.

I hate the term 'free software'....people invested their time/energy, it
takes power to run their machines (which is not free), the
distribution/bugtracking/documentation is not free.  The soft
drinks/pizza/name your favorite work food is not free.

Security and anonymity - how good is it going to be? With the entire
network being a drawing card for people wanting to steal something, how is
security and anonymity going to be preserved, for free???
If people only knew what is being harvested about them from 'free'
services, there would be a revolt. I even hate using gmail, and use it
sparingly.

Free mail server - great idea, Implementing it - priceless!

-John