Free Busy with Kolab3

Onno Hensgen onno.hensgen at aquaduna.com
Thu Feb 7 19:48:40 CET 2013

> I would recommend that, for now, you continue to use
> "imaps://localhost:993" for the regular kolab.conf, and copy the file
> over to a different location and set "imap://localhost:143" in that
> file, to then specify that configuration file to be used as part of the
> cronjob that executes kolab-freebusyd (the --config|-c option).
>
> If not, the kolab daemon will fail attempting to use (the core python
> module) IMAP4_SSL against port 143, or fail to use IMAP4 against 143, as
> IMAP4 (again, the core python module) does not support STARTTLS.

Hi Jeroen,

thanks for your support. The changes seem to work.

Just for documentation for others to fix the issue:

- Set [cyrus_admin] uri back to default in /etc/kolab/kolab.conf
	[cyrus-imap]
	admin_login = cyrus-admin
	uri = imaps://localhost:993
	admin_password = geheim

- Created file /etc/kolab/kolab-freebusy.conf with following content:
	[cyrus-imap]
	admin_login = cyrus-admin
	uri = imaps://localhost:143
	admin_password = geheim

- Changed the /etc/cron.d/kolab-freebusy to
*/15 * * * * root [ $(pgrep kolab-freebusyd >/dev/null 2>&1; echo $?) -ne 0 ] && kolab-freebusyd --generateall -c /etc/kolab/kolab-freebusy.conf >/var/log/kolab-freebusyd.log 2>&1

Kind regards,
Onno