Kolab installation issues

Liam Kirsher liamk at numenet.com
Mon Dec 23 23:45:05 CET 2013

I think in my case this was due to not having run the setup-kolab script
after doing the package install.

I'm still having an issue though -- the installation of mysql doesn't
install the /etc/init.d/mysql startup script.  Also, there is no
/etc/mysql/my.cnf file installed.
These files are in the package(s) mysql-server-5.5, but they just don't
get put where they should go.
I did a apt-get purge and re-installed and that partially worked.
Anyone else have this issue?

Liam

On 12/23/2013 08:40 AM, Jelle Langbroek wrote:
> Liam Kirsher <liamk <at> numenet.com> writes:
>>     On further examination, it seems I cannot start the kolab-
> server:service kolab-server startroot <at> debian:/etc/init.d# Traceback
> (most recent call last):
>>         File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kolabd/__init__.py", line
>>       183, in run
>>           self.do_sync()
>>         File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kolabd/__init__.py", line
>>       235, in do_sync
>>           for primary_domain in list(set(domains.values())):
>>       TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'
>>     Also, I'm not finding an ldap process running on port 389 (or
>>     anywhere, for that matter).
>>     Starting it fails:
>> root <at> debian:/etc/init.d# service dirsrv
>>       start
>>       [info] no dirsrv instances configured so not starting 389 DS.root
> <at> debian:/etc/init.d# service dirsrv-admin start
>>       [info] No /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/adm.conf file is present.
>
> Hi,
> Exact same problem here on Debian 7.3. Does anyone have an idea how to fix
> this?

Liam Kirsher
PGP: http://liam.numenet.com/pgp/