Multi Domain Setup Kolab 3.1

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Mon Dec 23 10:40:39 CET 2013

Hello,

> after adding "@domain2.tld @domain1.tld" to
> "/etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps_manual.cf" it is possible to add a
> secondary email adress "name at domain2.tld" but emails are not delivered
> to this account (Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local
> recipient table).
I forgot to say that you have to run this command after editing the
file:
postmap /etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps_manual.cf

> I tried "name at domain2.tld name at domain1.tld" in the above mentioned
> file but no emails are delivered to name at domain2.tld at all. Further I
> think it is very complicated to edit this file manually for each
> alias. It should be possible to add an alias from the web-admin...
I have written this test:
https://github.com/tpokorra/kolab3_tbits_scripts/blob/master/pySeleniumTests/testEmailCatchAllAcrossDomains.py#L40
It tests to have in the virtual_alias_maps_manual.cf file this line:
@domain2.tld myuser.test at domain1.tld
That works. I should add a test for @domain2.tld @domain1.tld too. In
the new year...

I hope that postmap will solve the issue, and you don't need to edit the
cf file for every user.

Timotheus