Owncloud with Kolab LDAP Backend

Jan Kowalsky tuxus at notraces.net
Mon Dec 16 14:42:13 CET 2013

Hi Christian,

Am Saturday, 14. December 2013 schrieb Christian Hügel:
> Hi Jan,
>
> what version of OC are you using?

I use 5.0 - but not with multi-domail.

> My Kolab 3.1 is setup for a multi domain environment so i think the base
> dn should look something like
> dc=%2,dc=%1 but I'm not sure. I'm not even sure if the whole owncloud
> ldap auth works with a multi domain kolab as the right base dn has to be
> queried.

that's an intersting question. But it should work

> @Timotheus/Daniel what do you think?
>
> To test it I have set base dn to a known domain with one user.
> dc=example,dc=de
>
> I can see from the User Filter tab that the query finds one user..thats
> fine

that looks ok. What says your ldap-server in the /var/log/dirsrv/access.log?

If there is an output with "ok" the authentification from the ldap side should
be ok.

> But if i try to login i get following error
>

> "Automatischer Login zurückgewiesen!
> Wenn Du Dein Passwort nicht vor kurzem geändert hast, könnte Dein
> Account kompromittiert sein!
> Bitte ändere Dein Passwort, um Deinen Account wieder zu schützen."

This looks like an owncloud problem.

Does an local user  (not ldap) exists in owncloud with the same uid?

> "Automatic logon rejected!
> If you did not chanfe your password recently, your account may be
> compromised!
> Please change your password to secure your account again."
>
> The ldap log looks like this again:
>  >> 13/Dec/2013:21:22:01 +0100] NSACLPlugin - acllas__client_match_URL: url
>  >> [ldap:///dc=example,dc=de??sub?(objectclass=*)] scope is subtree but dn
>  >> [dc=example,dc=de] is not a suffix of [uid=kolab-service,ou=special
>  >> users,dc=kolabmail,dc=de]
>
> So I'm out of ideas..

Can you post your entries in the ldap-gui of owncloud? I'm curious if I can
reproduce your problem here. Since I'm interested in the same goal (owncloud
in an muti-domain-setup) I would apreciate if we could solve the problem.

Regards
Jan