Expunge DELETED

Manel Gimeno Zaragozá magiza83 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 4 12:00:06 CET 2013

> when deleting a mailbox on the cli it changes to DELTED when listing
> mailboxes with kolab lm. Can these deleted mailboxes be expunged so that
> they don´t appear anymore?
> Thx,
it is configured in /etc/cyrus.conf under events:

deleteprune cmd="cyr_expire -E 4 -D 69" at=0430
expungeprune cmd="cyr_expire -E 4 -X 69" at=0445

by default I think they are kept 69 days. Check the man

-D delete-duration
              Remove previously deleted mailboxes older than delete-duration (when using the "delayed" delete mode).  The value can be a floating point number, and may have a
              suffix to specify the unit of time.  If no suffix, the value is number of days.  Valid suffixes are d (days), h (hours), m (minutes) and s (seconds).

-E expire-duration
              Prune the duplicate database of entries older than expire-duration.  This value is only used for entries which do not have  a  corresponding  /vendor/cmu/cyrus-
              imapd/expire mailbox annotation.  Format is the same as delete-duration.

-X expunge-duration
              Expunge previously deleted messages older than expunge-duration (when using the "delayed" expunge mode).  Format is the same as delete-duration.

anyway you can change that to apply your needs. Also you can execute something like from command line:

####BE CAREFUL WITH THIS, CHECK BEFORE EXECUTE####
# cyr_expire -E 1m -X 1m -D 1m

This will remove all the DELETE MAILBOX older that 1 minute

Regards.
Manel