libcalendaring on Debian 7.0; installation/upgrade error

Andy Zukunft andyzukunft at freenet.de
Sun Dec 1 13:01:40 CET 2013

Dear community,

I just tried to upgrade my Kolab 3.0 to Kolab 3.1 on a Debian 7.0 installation. During package installation I get the following error:

Unpacking libcalendaring (from .../libcalendaring_4.9.0-2_amd64.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libcalendaring_4.9.0-2_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/libcalendaring-kabc.so.0.1', which is also in package libcalendaring0 4.9.0-2
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libcalendaring_4.9.0-2_amd64.deb

Did anyone encouter this problem? Is there a "quick fix" to get my installation working? I haven't tried yet (but will later today) but at least the incomming mails "should" be accepted. It is my hope that this package installation error may only cause issues with the web interface as libcalendaring seems to the a required dependency for php-kolab.

Fyi: When prompted I always replaced the existing configuration files with the maintainer versions. Although this problem seems to be solely package related, I wanted to mention this.

Regards,

Andy

---
Alle Postfächer an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! http://email.freenet.de/basic/Informationen