Backup and Restore

Andrew Wafaa andrew at wafaa.eu
Fri Aug 16 14:07:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm most likely going to be deploying a new server that would replace
the existing machine running a Kolab 3.0 instance in the near future.
I've searched docs.kolab.org but couldn't find anything on backing up
and restoring a 3.0 instance. To "complicate" things, I will most likely
deploy 3.1 on the new server rather than 3.0.

Could someone advise on what steps are needed to backup/restore user
data. The ldap attributes may not remain the same with the new instance,
things that may change are default email address which are currently
foo.bar at domain, possibly changing to foo at domain which is already set up
as and alias and identity, also changing some of the display attributes.

Any help would be appreciated. The key thing to carry over are the
emails, calendar/contacts would be nice but they are stored in multiple
locations so doing a fresh import isn't too big an issue.

Thanks,

Andy