Use syncroton independently?

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Mon Apr 22 19:20:27 CEST 2013

On Monday 22 April 2013 11.11:48 list at airstreamcomm.net wrote:
> I would like to add activesync support to our email services, however I
> do not want to use Kolab as we have a considerable investment in
> building our custom solution.  Can syncroton be used independently of
> Kolab, and is there any documentation on such an implementation?

Syncroton was deliberately launched jointly by Kolab Systems and METAWAYS as a
solution independent Open Source component that can provide this functionality
independent of any backend.

That's why it has its own web page and mailing lists:

	http://syncroton.org

Syncroton is currently used and maintained by Kolab and Tine2.0.

So in short: Yes, you would be very welcome to adopt Syncroton for your own
solution and contribute to Syncroton development jointly with the rest of us.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve