Debian Wheezy - can't add users - no link.

Ricardo Ruggiero rjrggr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 05:14:39 CEST 2013

Hi Lukas,

I think that this is an issue with the Debian packaging, that has not yet
been fixed.
The file "libsoftokn3.so" is not located where Kolab expects.
Here is the fix (hope that solves your issue too):

1. Install 'apt-file' (apt-get install apt-file)
2. Search for the location of 'libsoftokn3.so' (apt-file search
libsoftokn3.so)
3. Take note of the 'returned path' for example:
   # apt-file search  libsoftokn3.so
   libnss3: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsoftokn3.so
   libnss3: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/nss/libsoftokn3.so

4. Create a link to the path of the file returned to the expected
'/usr/lib/libsoftokn3.so'
   For example:
       # sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/nss/libsoftokn3.so
/usr/lib/libsoftokn3.so

Hope that helps in your case too.

Ric.