Activesync with Nexus 4 only partially functional

Munson, Eric emunson at mgebm.net
Sat Apr 6 00:41:41 CEST 2013

I have a new Kolab 3 install up and running.  The web interface is
awesome but I am having trouble syncing with my Nexus 4.  I was able to
connect using the process described on the kolab wiki and my address
book, calendar, and inbox were imported properly.  However, I have two
confirmed problems and one possible problem:

1. Inbox status is not being updated.  If I read a message in
roundcube, it is not marked as read on my phone.  Also, if I move a
message out of my inbox (say into my Junk mail folder) from roundcube,
that message stills shows in my inbox on my device.

2. Calendar events are not being pushed up.  I created an event in my
calendar on my phone this morning (roughly 10 hours ago) but it still
has not shown on my calendar on the server.

My possible problem is that I cannot move mail between folders from my
device.  When select a message and hit the "Move to folder" button the
list is empty.  I can browser folders however.

Any idea what I have done wrong, or where I can start looking?

Eric