No subject

rg at r-goetz.de rg at r-goetz.de
Fri Apr 5 09:32:53 CEST 2013

Hallo,

Sorry for cross posting, but I realised that this list is more active than the German.

I installed kolab a few day ago on my root-Server running openSuSE 12.2.
Apart form a little dependency flaw it worked fine.

Unfortnately I failed to run the setup-kolab successfully. It runs and requests a couple of password for
different users until the 'Kolab Service password'.  After that I get a couple of python error messages which end with
the message:
     ldap.SERVER_DOWN: {´desc´: "Can't contact LDAP server"}

I couldn't find any ldap server myself. Neither was I able to find a service that ought to start it. I checked
/etc/init.d  and the yast module 'System Services'

The only related serviceseem to be dirsrv-admin. However, I don't think this is the LDAP-server itself. And I can't start
it , as well. If I try to start (/etc/init.d/dirsrv-admin start) I complains that /usr/lib64/apache2/mod_cgi.so is missing.
Under openSuSE 12.2 this module is found at  /usr/lib64/apache2-prefork/mod_cgi.so?

All the problems might be related to openSuSE, but I am stuck. ANd maybe someone knows how to get the LDAP started.

Tanks in advance

R"udiger

PS: I installed kolab from the openSuSE repositories  server:/Kolab:/STABLE und server:/Kolab:/Extras.

Von meinem Android-Gerät gesendet.