Migration from 2.3.1 to 2.4

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Sep 18 11:16:42 CEST 2012

On Monday, September 17, 2012 09:57:03 PM Christian Tardif wrote:
> Interesting. For Kolab 3, I can't afford upgrading to a beta version, as
> this is a production server which needs to be up and running at all
> times (other than maintenance windows, though).

That is completely understandable, ...

> Regarding the upgrade path, the LDAP migration isn't documented at all.
> Nothing can be done, if no LDAP migration occur, isn't it?

The people that write this documentation (i.e. yours sincerely) make up and
test these procedures on their own systems.

I happen to be able to spawn VMs and provision them with demo data that allows
me to go through some upgrade paces, but it only represents a feasible path
for the one scenario.

You wouldn't be able to spawn a VM and see what, between ldapsearches against
your Kolab 2.3 server, and ldapadds against your Kolab 3.0 server, would need
to happen to migrate your LDAP data, would you?

It'd be much appreciated if some people could attempt such a thing and see
what they have to do to get it all in good shape.

For the sake of argument, I've attached a little script I've used to test
upgrades with.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--