kolab 2.4 on CentOS 5.8

Leo Walkling leopold_walkling at web.de
Mon Sep 17 20:22:10 CEST 2012

Hi,
I want to setup Kolab on my CentOS 5 server but I am running into difficulties
when following the community installation guide.
The problem occurs when it tells me to run kolab-setup: There is no kolab-setup
on my system, it's not included in pykolab-0.2.6-3.el5.kolab_2.4.noarch.
If the kolab.conf file meant to be edited manually, I couldn't find the
documentation for that.

What I want to achieve is to get comfortably manageable mail server (addressed
by kolab-admin) and a synching of calendar and addressbook between several
Thunderbird instances, iOS and Android.

I'm not even determined to install Kolab 2.4, but installing from the 2.3
repository and running kolab_bootstrap failed to setup SASL correctly, and I
don't know how to set this up myself.

My server originally ran a IspCP Omega installation on CentOS 5.5 with a custom
kernel for OpenVZ. The provider is 1blu and the product is called ecoServer.

Thanks in advance,
Leo Walkling