Sync-problem between kontact, roundcube, activesync

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Sep 16 23:06:36 CEST 2012

On Friday, September 14, 2012 04:37:14 PM Lukas Gradl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just startet to play around with Kolab 3.0.
>
> I installed a new system on CentOS 6.3 using the quick-install guide. I
> added a user and can send mails to that account.
>
> I connected via several kontact instances and via roundcube. Then I
> created an appointment and a Contact in each instance.
>
> After some time i can see the entries in all instances of Kontact but
> not in roundcube, an entry created in roundcube I can not see in Kontact.
>
> ActiveSync I could'nt get to work at all - An Android-Smartphone told
> me: "Could not connect to the server".
>
> So I've several questions:
> 1.) How can I see the entries created in roundcube in contact and the
> other way round?
> 2.) Is there a HowTo for configuring ActiveSync in Kolab 3.0
> 3.) When creating a new entry in Kontact - what to do to see it in
> another Kontact-Instance and how long should that take?

Hi Lukas,

please make sure that the Kontact version you are using is version 4.9.0 or
later, and that you have enabled the Kolab v3 format:

  http://wiki.kolab.org/Using_Kontact_with_Kolab3

For ActiveSync, you may need to disable the use of SSL in the Android phone
account settings, or alternatively:

  # yum install mod_ssl
  # service httpd restart

Please remember to open up port 443 in the firewall if you have one running.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect