kolab 2.4 - kolab-saslauthd service failed

Enrique enrique.op7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 18:45:06 CEST 2012

Hi,
    After some weeks that kolab 2.4 is in production, kolab-saslauthd
crash and said something as failed in
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/auth/ldap/__init__.py

I seen kolab-saslauthd service status and says that exist .pid but not
run. I do /etc/init.d/kolab-saslauthd start and start ok, but only for
some time, about ten minutes.

I asked for help to someone who works with me, and after modifying
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/auth/ldap/__init__.py don't
failed anymore.

He said me that this happends because someone is trying to login with a
username that does not exist.
Making a diff between the original file and modified file, get the
following lines:

179,181d178
<         else:
<             entry_dn = None
<
192,196d188
<             #DELETE THIS ASAP
<             log.debug(
<                     _("Crash user %s") % (login[0]),
<                     level=8

I'm not sure if it's a bug or I have a mistaken configuration.

Enrique Orellana