Update to Kolab 3

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 6 11:11:37 CEST 2012

Hi Jochen,

On Wednesday 05 September 2012 17:50:55 Jochen May wrote:
> So far that I know at the moment, I cannot update 2.3.4 to 3.0 in the same
> way  like 2.3.3 to 2.3.4. So I need to install v3 and import my data in
> the way here [1] is descripted.

You might also want to try this guide:

http://docs.kolab.org/en-US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Administrator_Guide/chap-
Administrator_Guide-Upgrading_from_Kolab_2_on_OpenPKG.html

It'd be great if you would report your experiences here!

> I now that there are also packages for Debian, Ubuntu and some more.

These are not yet working. We are working on it. See the thread on kolab-
devel@

http://www.intevation.de/pipermail/kolab-devel/2012-
September/thread.html#13623

We are still looking for more people to help with testing and fixing bugs. Are
you interested? ;)

> But, what  is the best  OS to run kolab v3 on? With Kolab 2.x the best
> choice was Debian (packages was shipped -  ready to run; Thanks to all J ).

Currently, this is CentOS.

> So far I understand where there also a change in the format of kolab. Does
> all  client already support this changes?

Please have a look at the clients page [1] or at the compatibility matrix in
the wiki [2].

Regards,
Torsten

[1] http://kolab.org/clients