Update to Kolab 3

Jochen May jochen at jmay.org
Wed Sep 5 17:50:55 CEST 2012

Hi,
at the moment I run a kolab server 2.3.4 (5 to 8 users) on a Debian 5 System.
This system is boxed in a XEN-Domain. The „real“ Server run´s with OpenSuse
and Xen 3.4.1.
So far that I know at the moment, I cannot update 2.3.4 to 3.0 in the same way
like 2.3.3 to 2.3.4. So I need to install v3 and import my data in the way
here [1] is descripted.
Before I will try that (and share my experience with the rest here) I got some
questions:
I now that there are also packages for Debian, Ubuntu and some more. But, what
is the best  OS to run kolab v3 on? With Kolab 2.x the best choice was Debian
(packages was shipped -  ready to run; Thanks to all J ). Is there this time
also a OS what is the first choice?
So far I understand where there also a change in the format of kolab. Does all
client already support this changes?
 Regards,
Jochen May
[1]
http://docs.kolab.org/en-US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Administrator_Guide/part-
Administrator_Guide-Kolab_Groupware_Server.html
--
Contact Information:

Jochen May
Im Laufer 9