Kolab 3.0 - roundcube multi addressee mails not working

Dirk Werner dwerner at curiousbits.de
Tue Sep 4 12:53:36 CEST 2012

On 09/04/2012 11:43 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> On Monday, September 03, 2012 07:45:57 PM Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> On Monday, September 03, 2012 07:19:54 PM Dirk Werner wrote:
>>> Hi Jeroen,
> Hi Dirk,
>
> thanks for providing the wallace debug output - I now fixed the cause of the
> issue[1] thanks to you finding it in the first place!
>
> You can wait for an update to land in the repository of apply the patch at [1]
> and see if that indeed resolves the problem.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen
>
> [1]
> http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/commit/?h=pykolab-0.5&id=3275ba41c56776fdc5193f4f6d1a609902a6a867

Hi Jeroen,

I have applied your patch and now no email goes through anymore,
regardless of sending to one or more recipients.  The concerned function
in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/wallace/modules.py looks now like :

def cb_action_ACCEPT(module, filepath):
    log.info(_("Accepting message in %s (by module %s)") % (filepath,
module))
    message = message_from_file(open(filepath, 'r'))
    envelope_sender = getaddresses(message.get_all('From', []))

    recipients = getaddresses(message.get_all('To', [])) + \
            getaddresses(message.get_all('Cc', []))

    smtp = smtplib.SMTP("localhost", 10027)

    if conf.debuglevel > 8:
        smtp.set_debuglevel(True)

    try:
        smtp.sendmail(
                formataddr(envelope_sender[0]),
                [formataddr(recipient) for recipient in recipients],
                message.as_string()
        )

    except smtplib.SMTPDataError, errmsg:
        # DEFER
        pass
    except smtplib.SMTPHeloError, errmsg:
        # DEFER
        pass
    except smtplib.SMTPRecipientsRefused, errmsg:
        # DEFER
        pass
    except smtplib.SMTPSenderRefused, errmsg:
        # DEFER
        pass
    finally:
        os.unlink(filepath)

I can't shrink the log files to meet the 100kB limit for attached
documents here in the list, can I send these off-list to you?

Best regards
Dirk