roundcube problem after yum update on 2.4 system

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sat Sep 1 17:47:02 CEST 2012

On Friday, August 31, 2012 12:22:34 AM Troy Carpenter wrote:
> I just did a yum upgrade on my kolab 2.4 server and two packages for
> roundcube updated.  Yum log indicates I upgraded from 0.7.2 to 0.8.0.1

Hi Troy,

it seems you have the development repository (stage) enabled, possibly by
mistake - if you're running this Kolab installation in production, and you
care about its stability, I recommend you disable the kola-3.0-development
repository by default.

Development packages are somewhat bleeding edge - what's in a name - and not
intended for production use - rather a development/test/pre-production setup.

Roundcube 0.8 was not made available as an update for regular users yet, but
was made available through the development repository to see what would need
to happen in order to be able to release it as an update, if at all, or to
describe what path people could take to get their hands on the new skin using
an existing 2.4 installation.

> I'm continuing to work on this, but if anyone has any pointers, I would
> appreciate it.

Please do report issues you find with upgrading from Roundube 0.7 to 0.8, if
you are still inclined to do so.

We'll have to outline the procedure to upgrade from 0.7 to 0.8.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG