No form controls under Add User in Kolab WebAdmin (solved)

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Oct 14 20:18:37 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-13 23:53, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Problem solved: I had to create the SQL user 'kolab' myself. I
> thought
> `kolab-setup` took care of that.

It should have. I can only speculate as to what went wrong exactly, as
I haven't seen this sort of thing happen in the hundreds of setups I've
done myself.

> Are either of these pieces of information documented in the Kolab 3.0
> Installation Guide?

These are not specifically zoomed in on, as normally setup-kolab would
take care of the creation of the 'kolab' database/user, and therefore no
such situation as the one you found yourself in would have existed in
the first place.

We do, however, have a First Login chapter, that -for a certain set of
circumstances- illustrates the necessity to verify whether the Kolab WAP
database tables have been created correctly.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG