Question about connecting iOS to Kolab 3.0

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Thu Oct 4 12:27:39 CEST 2012

On 10/04/2012 12:14 PM, Dirk Werner wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently trying to connect an iPhone to Kolab 3.0. The imap
> connection works fine but I cannot connect the iPhone device to calendar
> and addressbook functionality, following the way described in this
> article: http://wiki.kolab.org/Z_push#iPhone.2C_Ipod_Touch.2C_Ipad.
> <http://wiki.kolab.org/Z_push#iPhone.2C_Ipod_Touch.2C_Ipad>
> I cannot find  any information about a login trial in the log files of
> roundcube, httpd and kolab-syncroton.  $rcmail_config['debug_level'] is
> set to 1. Is it the right way to go, to create an Exchange account on
> the IOS device with mail turned off and calendar and addressbook turned on?

The way is fine, however there were some issues in kolab-syncroton. So,
make sure you're using latest versions. Also check if
/etc/roundcubemail/main.inc.php file included kolab_auth.inc.php.

ActiveSync debuging is enabled with activesync_debug option.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Web Developer, Kolab Systems AG